Research Internship (remote internship) 2021-2022
International Applications are welcome.
The Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS) is seeking 4 research interns for the Journal of European and American Intelligence Studies (JEAIS) to work under the supervision of the Editors.
The selected candidates will work remotely (5 hours per week) from April 2021 to December 2022, with the possibility of an extension.
Strong candidates should have, or are currently completing, an M.A. or B.A. in Intelligence Studies, Security Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or a related field.
• Assist the Editorial Team in the preparation of the JEAIS;
• Attend and report on key events and discussions relevant to JEAIS research goals;
• Write book reviews and papers on topics related to intelligence studies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Solid organizational abilities and detail-oriented;
• Strong research skills;
• Experience and/or interest in intelligence, security and international affairs;
• Current student or recently graduated.
• Experience working with a research-oriented international team;
• Exposure to research work and collaboration with scholars and practitioners in intelligence and security;
• Increased understanding of global intelligence and security issues;
• Career mentoring and professional development;
• Networking with the academic environment and intelligence experts around the world;
Applications will be received until 30 March 2021
This is a competitive internship and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to interview.
The Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS) is aimed to provide a better understanding of international affairs by creating a framework for creative thinking, honest discussions and nonpartisan dissemination of multidisciplinary reflections and innovative ideas. Special attention is devoted to: Transatlantic Relations; Intelligence Studies and Terrorism; Improving Intelligence Analysis; Intelligence Cooperation; European Integration; International Security; Balkan and Mediterranean Studies; Critical Studies; Security and Intelligence in the Private Sector.
The Journal of European and American Intelligence Studies (JEAIS) is published by the Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS). The Journal is an international academic-led scholarly publication that focuses on the field of intelligence and related areas of study and practice. It aims at promoting an international dialogue between diverse perspectives and experiences, based on original research on the broader European and American practice and study of intelligence.
JEAIS is an all-inclusive academic platform that allows junior and senior scholars and practitioners from both the public and private sectors, to share their knowledge, ideas and approach to intelligence studies. By crafting each journal issue through a rigorous and highly selective screening process of potential contributors and an exhaustive review process, the JEAIS mission is three-fold: to provide an equal opportunity for academics and practitioners of intelligence to discuss and challenge ideas, to address existent knowledge gaps by creating new knowledge, and to shape future new debates in intelligence beyond traditional communities of research.